a little baby bash and akon to get this post started off right!
between new jobs for both of us, the holidays, holiday parties for those new jobs, spending time with family and the start of a new competitive skating season for me, things have been a little crazy. we took a brief break from blogging, but now we’re back and ready for 2013!
over the holiday break, I was lucky enough to be selected for my first Influenster VoxBox! for those not familiar with Influenster, basically it’s “a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences.” being a total culture junkie, and a social media addict, I thought it would be fun to join and test out a bunch of products.
here’s what was inside my box:
1) Quaker Real Medleys oatmeal ($1.79). I got the Summer Berry flavor in my box which had strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in it. normally I am adverse to anything with fruit chunks mixed in (it’s a texture thing), but I was pleasantly surprised by how good this was. although I would take the blueberries out… they gave the oatmeal more of a tart flavor and it didn’t mix well with the other berries.
2) NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine in Nude ($2.49). I questioned the color when I saw it, but immediately fell in love when I put it on. I’m not a huge fan of lip color. I would rather wear something subtle. this color was perfect for me — just the right amount of pink to make my lips shimmer a bit and it lasts quite a bit before you have to reapply. this wound up being my favorite item in the box!
3) Kiss Nail Dress ($6.99). a really cool concept – peel-and-press manicure – but I have acrylic nails, so sadly, I didn’t get a chance to try these!
4) EBOOST effervescent power ($39). I will admit that energy drinks make me nervous. I don’t need to be jittery all day. but this is made with green tea, so it can’t be too bad, right? I got pomegranate and have yet to try it out. but I will try it soon, promise!
5) Goody QuikStyle Brush (Half Round Styler, $11.99). my mom saw this in a magazine and was dying to try it. imagine her surprise when I got one in my box! basically, the brush has a sponge built in with the bristles, so it soaks up the water when you are brushing your hair. I am undecided on this, but it may be more user error than anything… it is a half round brush and I am terrible at round brushing my hair!
6) Sole Society discount ($25). Sole Society is a members-only site where you can find designer quality shoes for low prices. there are no name brands attached, though. reminds me of kim kardashian’s shoe site, what’s it called… shoedazzle? anyway. I have my eye on these beauties — black sparkly pumps!
so, lovelies, have you tried any of these items?? what do you think? should I go for the black sparkly pumps? do you belong to a program like Influenster? leave a comment and let us know!