Hands down, this is my favorite time of year. If it could be 70 degrees and sunny year-round, I’d be a pretty happy camper. Is there anything better than being able to wear jeans and flip-flops?
As I was driving into the office this morning on my painfully long commute in rush hour traffic, I started thinking about all of the things I love about fall.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes. For the past two years, I’ve tried my damndest to get the PSL to MKE early in their little Facebook contest. We never win. There’s just something about the pumpkin syrup and whipped cream that I find irresistible, even if the calorie count is higher than I’d like it to be.
- Dark nail polish. Finally. It’s acceptable to wear more muted colors on my acrylics! I am currently rocking essie angora cardi. But only for a few weeks, because then I will transition over into my all-time fave, OPI Lincoln Park After Dark.
- Fantasy football. A former coworker once told his wife I wasn’t a “real girl” because I like sports. And since I won the March Madness pool a few months ago, I’ve been ready to dominate my fantasy league. Even though I’m Wisconsin born-and-raised, my go-to fantasy players come from the New England Patriots – Tom Brady and Wes Welker.
- Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. I may or may not wait until BBW’s infamous Buy 3, Get 2 Free promotion to stock up on Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, but it’s totally worth it. I have enough shower gel and lotion to last until next year!
- Glade fall scents. I was at Target recently and stumbled across a new one, Maple Pumpkin. (Sense a trend here?) The Premium Room Spray makes my bathroom smell a-maz-ing for hours.
- C.Wonder flare jeans. Best. Jeans. Ever. And they come in “short”, too, for those of us who constantly need to get pants hemmed. Need I say more?
I wish I could go all Oprah here and yell, “you get a latte! YOU get a latte! Lattes for everybody!” but sadly I can’t, so you’ll just have to go to your nearest Starbucks to get one yourself. 🙂
So, lovelies, what are YOUR favorite things for fall? We’d love to hear from you!